In the world we live in, it’s not easy to be authentically ourselves. It’s very easy to drift from oneself and be anything as the wind blows. It’s even sadder because time ticks in our eyes as we watch ourselves every day being nothing but who we are not. Societal expectations have caused many of us to drift away from our inner power into a non-existent life. Many of us had drifted away from our inner strength into a non-existent living as a result of societal demands. Social media has made it even harder because everyone has mastered the art of putting their best foot forward. We live our lives in the shadow of other people’s creations, ignoring who we truly are.
It is truly fulfilling to be authentic. Authenticity is rare, and when you find yourself living authentically, be grateful because it ain’t so cheap. I know how it feels to shrink and negate my inner self and live a life based on what others impose on me. It went as far as wanting to change my personality traits and the way I spoke, walked, and felt. I truly did not feel good enough.
Fatal conflicts were required to unleash the beast within me and it took practically a lifetime for me to mature into the delicate, lovely lady I knew I could be.
I had to accept the fact that I was more than what I thought I was.
I’m at ease with myself and confident in my own skin. The journey of becoming is never-ending. It isn’t a one-day affair.
Every day is a new chance to become the person you were born to be.
How do we become? You may ask.
Well, here are ways to become.
- Let go of excuses : It’s pointless to blame people for what happened to you. It clearly won’t get you anywhere instead cause anger and resentment in your heart. Let go and take responsibility for your mistakes and learn from them. You will improve as an individual when you do this.
- Do not hold grudges : It’s easier said than done to not hold grudges. You must not allow your bitterness to grow. Your mental state and health suffer more when you hold grudges. You even age quicker. Write down your feelings, pray, and meditate.
- Speak openly : If you want to be a better person, you should always be honest with your feelings, thoughts, and ideas. Make your message known with respect.
Maybe you’re not sure why you should be authentic yet. Allow me to assist you.
There are many benefits to being Your authentic self which you will discover as you begin the journey of becoming. You will discover how much of a good, satisfying, and effortless life you have been depriving yourself with.
Becoming: Here are a few of the advantages of living an authentic life.
- Your health improves : This is where it becomes practical. When you are authentic with yourself, you’ll be far more inclined to take care of yourself. People who are committed to living an authentic life are more likely to eat healthy meals, exercise regularly. Being your real self also benefits your mental health since you are calmer, less conflicted, and overall happier!
- Keep you focused : When you live an authentic life, you will be able to cope well with life, and its hurdles. You will begin to prioritize yourself and stop worrying about what will people say. Life becomes even easier when you face difficulties and hardships because you would have mastered the art of problem-solving.
- You will always be restful : That is correct. You know why? When you live the life you are supposed to live, it becomes impossible to be negative at all times. Express yourself fully and live life to the utmost.
The best part about becoming is that you no longer have anyone or anything to prove other than yourself. You are no longer searching for anything except the truth, which is very inaccessible in today’s world. My life has certain routines, like going out and exercising first thing each morning, journaling, and praying. Following the 20/20/20 formula from The 5 Am Club by Robin Sharma has been fulfilling.
There’s a lot of freedom in being yourself. You begin to understand that you are important and valuable just the way you are. You don’t have to change and pretend to be someone else.
You’ll be robbing the world of your awesomeness and gifts that come with simply being yourself. It is even vital for us to become unique as creatives, especially in our field. Recognize that no one thinks the same way you do. No one will ever be able to write as well as you. Be confident in your abilities and strive to be the best version of yourself. Nothing should stand in the way of you becoming who you are. There is no one else in the world like you.
Only you and you alone can exist. Be authentic. BECOME.
In your quest of finding YOU, remember that there’s a woman in South Africa who loves and cares for you.
Let me hear you in the comment section. What are your thoughts on becoming??
- Body Insecurities with Delyse #4
- Making waves in the Beauty Industry – Interview with Themby
- My Father and home ( Short story )
- Sala Kahle – Goodbye ( Guest post by Taku)
- A human, like no other – a sister. What is sisterhood and why is it important?
From my heart to yours